Resumption of Golf
April 27 @ 8:00 am - June 30 @ 5:00 pm
ST GEORGES BASIN AND VINCENTIA GOLF COURSES TO RE-OPEN FROM SATURDAY 2ND MAY 2020
On behalf of the Board of Directors I am pleased to announce that the St Georges Basin and Vincentia golf courses will re-open for MEMBERS COMPETITION PLAY ONLY. At this stage no social play will be permitted. Your Board conducted a comprehensive risk assessment as well taking advice from Golf Australia and NSW Health in term of permissible exercise regimes. Golf will be played under strict directives imposed by the Board. These directives along with the competition procedures and responsibilities are contained in the information package as set out below by the Men’s Golf Committee.
In terms of health, allow me to stress the following,
- Any member who had contact with a person known to be infected with the Covid-19 virus MUST NOT attend golf for 14 days and must have a medical clearance prior to attending.
- Any member who exhibits symptoms suggestive of a cold or flu (temperature, runny nose, cough, sore throat etc) MUST NOT attend golf without first seeking medical advice.
- All players to exercise personal hygiene (hand sanitiser, mask if you wish).
Ladies and Gentlemen. If we want this to work we must all pull together and operate as one big team. The Board will continue to support you but at the end of the day it’s the behaviour of our golf members that will determine whether golf continues or not. I am confident that each of you will do the right thing and they’re won’t be any problems.
Love always and stay safe
RESUMPTION OF GOLF AT ST GEORGES BASIN & VINCENTIA
GOLF WILL RESUME AT THE COUNTRY CLUB ON SATURDAY 2 MAY 2020 HOWEVER THE FORMAT WILL BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT. ALL GOLF WILL BE COMPETITION GOLF, SOCIAL PLAY IS TOTALLY BANNED. IF PLAYERS FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE RULES GOLF SHOULD BE ABLE TO CONTINUE.
These Guidelines can be downloaded as a PDF here.
- Practice putting green, nets and chipping area are closed and must not be used.
- Medley (Male/Female) Competitions will be played on Tuesday, Wednesday (Vets), Thursday and Saturday. Friday will be a Ladies Competition only at St Georges Basin. Medley events at Vincentia will be played on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday.
- Fixed timesheets will not be available, all bookings will need to be made online (Members Portal) or by phone to pro-shop (Remember pro-shop will only be open during competitions).
- Booking sheets will open at 3pm and close at 5pm for 2 days prior to each event.
- Time sheets will have places for two players in each time slot. Players can only enter their name and one other. (WE ARE AWARE THAT THIS WILL SEVERLY LIMIT PLAYING NUMBERS AND YOUR COMMITTEE ARE ASKING PLAYERS TO THINK OF FELLOW MEMBERS AND NOT BOOK FOR MORE THAN TWO EVENTS PER WEEK.)
- Tee times will commence at 7am and continue until to 1pm. However, there will be no cart hire after 12md.
- Only one person allowed in pro-shop at any time.
- Payment will be by CREDIT CARD only, NO CASH will be accepted.
- Strictly only one person and one set of clubs on each cart (hire or private).
- Clubs are not to be shared under any circumstances
- Mark your own scorecard. At end of round if playing partner agrees with score PLAYER to write “Agreed” on card and place in box at front of pro-shop.
- No handshaking high fives or touching of any nature.
- Flags to remain in holes at all times do not touch flags.
- Players must remain as twosome only at all times, should one player withdraw after commencing round remaining player is to continue alone under no circumstances are, they allowed to join up with another group
- After round is completed and card placed in box leave course immediately.
- There will be no presentations or printed result sheets, results will be published on the Members Portal and Club Website.
- All placegetters prizes will be added to members account cards. They cannot be picked up at pro-shop.
- Ball rundown will continue however balls will not be able to be collected until Covid19 restrictions are lifted. Records will be maintained and balls distributed when possible.
- No Medal Rounds or Trophy events will be held, events unable to be played during this period will be abandoned for the year.
- All water bubblers on course will be shut down remember to being your own refreshments
- Ball cleaners will not be operational.
- Rakes will not be in bunkers use your club or foot to smooth surface as much as possible.
- There will be no sand buckets
- No socialising in car park at any time.
- No novelty events, nearest pin etc. will be held.
- Whilst we are aware there will be some teething problems, Committee personnel will be on duty each day to ensure social distancing rules are adhered to in the vicinity of the pro-shop, car park and course. Members flouting these instructions will be asked to leave the course immediately and have their playing rights revoked.
WE ARE AWARE THAT THESE RULES WILL IMPACT ON ALL PLAYERS HOPEFULLY IF FOLLOWED PLAY WILL CONTINUE TO BE ALLOWED ON THE COURSE.
For and on behalf of Men’s & Vet’s Golf Committees